[LMB] OT: Hacking results

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Sun Jul 11 07:57:07 BST 2021

On 11/07/2021 03:59, WILLIAM A WENRICH wrote:

> Last Thursday my email was hacked.
> My contacts were used in phishing attacks and deleted. I have not been able to restore them.
> Also, in the browser app, a rule was created that sent all of my email to a bogus folder.
> I changed my password and went to two value authentication.
> My email problems were the reason I missed the tea party. Sorry about that.

It is unlikely that whoever hacked your email account did it to get just
your contacts.

They redirected your mail to a bogus folder for a reason, they didn't
want you to see the replies they were getting to something.

Check amazon and other credit-card using accounts that might have been
connected to that email account. Also check any accounts that used this
account as their recovery account.