[LMB] Vorkosigan Tea Party

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 04:05:44 BST 2021

Tidsel aka Linda said:

> Thanks to Elizabeth for taking the time and trouble to organise the Zoom,
not least in
>  the middle of all the other stuff going on in July.

My pleasure, and I mean that sincerely. It turned out to be a nice haven of
fun in a week of being too busy.

> How typical that things clutter that way!

Yes. I'm not sure why the world of Esperanto (otherwise known as
Esperantugo) piles things into July. Doing things in the summer, I
understand. But why not spread out the courses and congress, at least from
Mary to September, rather than clumping them in July?

> I was sort of in and out due to health,

Sorry to hear about the health part.

> is was a bit difficult with people knowing each other so well,

We only knew each other from this list, and the Zoom meetings. Well... I
guess some people have met at World Cons and other such venues, but I never
had a chance to attend, and when I did, I didn't know about the Bujold
get-togethers. I think Alayne is the only person who has come to the Tea
Parties whom I know in person, but she wasn't there this week.

Anyway, I am getting to match names and faces (and even matching the right
names to the right faces) and feeling as if know the Tea Party crowd now.

> but good to see you all and Lois for the first
> time - exactly as I thought she would be :-)))

As she should be. Yes.

> Maybe we could try with topics? Perhaps sending ideas to Elizabeth who
could select one?

I really like that idea.

namaste,
Elizabeth