[LMB] Religion question

Raymond Collins rcrcoll6 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 07:44:02 BST 2021

What I'm asking is what are the criteria that makes behavior Religious
fanaticism as opposed to be deeply religious ISIS definitely meets the
criteria. I would call the Taliban fanatics  but does Iran fit the
criteria?  And you look at some of the Christian groups like the Branch
Davidians in Waco or the People's Temple which people would agree they were
fanatics after they committed suicide and murder. What I'm getting at is
that there is a objective classification in calling a certain religious
behavior as "fanatic but sometimes that classification can be fuzzy. For
instance I consider any religious organization that is against Covid19
vaccines as fanatics because their views endanger lives. Would that be
considered a universal view or just my opinion?