[LMB] Discussion topics

Tony Zbaraschuk tzbarasc at lasierra.edu
Thu Jul 15 14:13:23 BST 2021

I've been reading (and re-reading) Tamsyn's Muirs Locked Tomb trilogy.
Well, the first two books, anyway; the third isn't out yet.  Teen angst,
haunted house, lesbian necromancers in space, haunted space station,
ten-thousand-year-old mysteries, a whole bunch of action, one of the more
important characters is a middle-aged female historian (Abigail Pent), and
Harrow and Gideon have such different takes on the universe that it's a joy
to see their relationship develop, and their crossed viewpoints on certain
actions.  And all sorts of juicy hints about the background of the universe
that I hope will be prominent in the third book.

(Sample chapters available on tor.com, plus a re-read of the first book,
GIDEON THE NINTH.)

Tony Z

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 7:59 AM Rebecca Price <becca7108 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I discovered on my Kindle a Nora Roberts I somehow haven't read yet, and
> Roberts is for me like Bujold is: when I get her writing style stuck in my
> head, nothing else will do.

Tony Zbaraschuk
Bookworm, talker, learner
Et vocavit Deus, "Fiat lux!"