[LMB] Discussion topics

Katherine (Kathy) Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Thu Jul 15 16:19:14 BST 2021

> On Jul 15, 2021, at 9:01 AM, B Van Look <vanlook19 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've found a fascinating series of books by Celia Lake, set in a
> magical 1920s England, reeling from the effects of WWI
>
> One of her characters, Lord Geoffrey Carillon, is (she says) a tribute
> to Peter Wimsey.
> A few of the books have sex scenes, and almost all have a romantic
> element, but the really interesting worldbuilding is cool.

Ooh, sounds good!  Is Outcrossing the first one?  I see it’s $.99 on amazon.com at the moment.

I’ve starting reading the Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells — I’d been avoiding them (murderbot? Doesn’t sound nice!), but then my sister-in-law mentioned that she’s been rereading them as comfort books through the pandemic, so that upended my impression, and they’re really good!

Katherine