[LMB] Discussion topics

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 23:22:57 BST 2021

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 5:26 PM Jason Long <sturmvogel66 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I like the Female Astronaut series as well, even if I think that she's more
> than a bit optimistic about how well the US recovers after the impact and
> how quickly rocket/space technology advance  .

I found it interesting how Our Heroine often mentions "I can't talk about
that" about mental illness or 'female problems' and then gets smacked
upside the head with "Of course we can't talk about that" from her
friends who are not white.  Oops.

Also - "I called all the mechanics in the book! There's no one available!"
 ... "You do know that there are mechanics who aren't allowed in the book?
They're available."

Sylvia