[LMB] Discussion topics

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 00:44:25 BST 2021

Gwynne said:

>  We can't discuss politics safely here.

The rule only specifies American politics, but I can't think of many
comments about politics that wouldn't swerve into American instances within
two, maybe three, posts.

> I don't think religion will be safe for much longer, either.

Very unsafe. I feel as if we are walking a tightrope, with some people
hanging on the rope by one hand. At the same time, I find the comments
interesting and worthwhile on both sides. But it's a risky topic,
probably best left alone except in the exact context of religion with the
Five Gods, or other use of religion in the Bujold novels.

For instance, I find Cordelia's attitude to religion very interesting.

> So that leaves sex. Which will certainly liven things up, one way or
> another.

Indeed.

> Or we could do something really foolish, like.... discuss the books?

Sure. Ask a book-related question. Any question.

namaste,
Elizabeth

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>