[LMB] Discussion topics

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 09:45:28 BST 2021

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 8:11 PM Elizabeth Holden <alzurite at gmail.com> wrote:

> For instance, I find Cordelia's attitude to religion very interesting.

We know virtually nothing about Cordelia's religion, except that it
practices baptism, permits prayer, and holds in some sort of afterlife.  We
don't even know whether she is a believer or follows it only nominally as a
source of comfort.

I suspect the ideas that were initially expressed in Cordelia's religious
beliefs have informed the way religion works in the 5GW.  Our Host has gone
out of her way to note that people pray to the 5G for good weather and
deliverance from earthquakes even though that world's theologians keep
telling them the gods cannot help on those matters.  She certainly
acknowledges that religious content tends to adapt to people's emotional
needs regardless of what the doctrine says.

Matt G.