[LMB] Discussions

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Fri Jul 16 16:03:30 BST 2021

________________________________
From: Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk> on behalf of WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2021 7:27 AM
To: Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold. <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [LMB] Discussions

Many years ago, I dropped off the list because of constant heckling from a list member concerning my religious beliefs. This was before I adopted my current sig.
One of the things  this person objected to was any comment that s/he considered that came from a moral perspective. It was after I came back that I adopted my current sig. S/he objected to that as well. (I had tried, “Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity.”, but s/he said that I was directly calling names.
I haven’t called pizza yet since my email problems put me out of contact for a while. When I suggested that the content was getting acrimonious and personal (I won’t use the Latin, my autocorrupt makes a hash of it.) I was slammed for attacking one of the participants.
Pizza gives us a way to say, “Emotions are getting high on this thread. Let’s cool off.”
Lately, everything is political. Everything involves government actions at some level.

William A Wenrich
Christian, Husband, Father, Granddaddy, Son, & American. Here I am. I can do no other. God help me!