[LMB] Discussions

tidsel egern at protonmail.com
Sat Jul 17 16:15:07 BST 2021

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Friday, July 16th, 2021 at 17:02, Pat Mathews <mathews55 at msn.com> wrote:

> And everything political today has been moralized to Dante's afterlife and back, so that there are no more mere opponents, but sheer devils incarnate. So, I not only call Pizza, but would like to slam the lid back down on any and all discussions of politics and today's war of competing values. Barrayaran or 5GU politics are fine as long as there are no sideways tie-ins with today's issues, but a recognition that these are other cultures of other times and civilizations. Does anyone disagree with this?

I get where you are coming from, often jump news and the like myself and for the same reason. But as said earlier, I think it is attitude more than topics, and the books are so good, topics do come out of them.
Thus pizzas are simply an ever re-occurng band aid that does not touch the actual problem.
To which I do not have a good answer.