[LMB] Discussions

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 22:09:13 BST 2021

The three-day limit on off-topic threads does little good, because they can
be brought back to on-topic with a single sentence.  More to the point,
most of these "off-topic" discussions arise as tangents from topical
discussions of Bujold works.

The real issue here is people who want to control discussion and make
others' behavior match what they'd want it to be.  The solution is to give
up that hopeless and invalid desire and simply not read content you're not
interested in.

Between irrelevant content and low-quality posts, this list is never less
than two-thirds useless to me, and at times it's risen to 90%+ for extended
periods.  I just don't read most of it!  It's the responsibility of the
list users to identify content they're interested in and screen out what
they're NOT interested in.

Matt G.

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 12:19 PM tidsel via Lois-Bujold <