[LMB] Typing alternatives

brazee howard at brazee.net
Sun Jul 18 13:19:02 BST 2021

> On Jul 18, 2021, at 5:34 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com <mailto:gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Gwynne: I don't know how anyone can comfortably post from their phone.
> Give me a nice simple laptop every time.

Younger generations were posting inventory for book sale at MileHiCon with a computer sitting next to them—but typing on their phones instead.

For them, the phones were easier.   And it isn’t like book titles were things the phones could guess.

I guess they never learned to touch type.   Should be a required high school course.

But even my generation, I’ve had bosses who never learned to type.   Back in the day, they used dictaphones, but even bosses are better off typing when all of their tools are computer based.

Science Fiction has generally been unconvincing when it tells me what tools they use to write.  About the only one that makes sense is when they have computer buddies in their brain.