[LMB] Discussions

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 20:26:58 BST 2021

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 12:12 PM tidsel via Lois-Bujold <

> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Regrettably, 'asking people to behave' is like spitting into the wind.
Each person who responds sharply feels that they are justified in doing
so.  It's the other person's fault!

Some people just like stirring the pot.  See also, Don't Feed the Trolls.

Then there are the people who feel they are being clever and
entertaining..  ~10 years ago, the president of the Science Fiction and
Fantasy Writers of America wrote an article about the failure mode of
clever.
https://whatever.scalzi.com/2010/06/16/the-failure-state-of-clever/

Sylvia