[LMB] Discussions

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 20:38:42 BST 2021

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 12:22 PM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> From: Elizabeth Holden <alzurite at gmail.com>
>
> The thing that doesn't work? Ignoring the offenders. We could do it,
> theoretically, but no one would.
> namaste,
> Elizabeth
>
> Gwynne: Actually it sort of works - for the reader, not for the board.
> I just don't read some posters, and stick to the ones who are worth
> reading. It makes the board seem much nicer, and if people are being
> obnoxious it's not bothering me. But that doesn't help the board as
> a whole, I know.

Which has led, in the past, to some very fun people being dogpiled &
quitting the list.  And other people completely missing the dogpile because
they've deleted the topic and/or killfiled certain people.

Which is not to say that it's wrong to quit a topic/poster!  But there are
predictable effects.

Sylvia