[LMB] Assassination via demon

Beatrice Otter beatrice_otter at zoho.com
Mon Jul 19 02:01:41 BST 2021

Am 18.07.2021 um 20:13 schrieb Eric Oppen:
> It probably says a lot about me (and I'm sure that none of it reflects well
> on me) that my immediate reaction to finding out how this assassination was
> supposed to be carried out wasn't shock or horror, but "How ingenious!"

---- On Sun, 18 Jul 2021 11:29:28 -0700 Markus Baur via Lois-Bujold <mailto:lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote ----
which makes me wonder why this has not been before ..

the bastard's order should have encountered such a thing in the past ..

servus
markus

Beatrice Otter:

Penric believes that it's happened before, and that it would explain certain huge military and political disasters throughout history. But it's not something most sorcerers would come up with on their own--neither they nor their demon would be willing to do it, and we are told that demons (and sorcerers, by extension) do *not* work well together (or in close proximity) without some outside pressure forcing them to do so, so "ways to use *other* sorcerers" is not something they are likely to think up. So therefore, you need someone who is *not* a sorcerer but who knows a lot *about* them to think it up.

Beatrice Otter