[LMB] Typing alternatives

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Mon Jul 19 05:47:09 BST 2021

On Jul 18, 2021, at 9:35 AM, Matija Grabnar via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

> On 18/07/2021 13:19, brazee wrote:
>> But even my generation, I’ve had bosses who never learned to type.   Back in the day, they used dictaphones, but even bosses are better off typing when all of their tools are computer based.
> Working in the technology field, I never had a boss who couldn't type. Even the few who had secretaries.

At Xerox AIS in Pasadena, ‘85-87, I had a mgr in his early 50s who couldn’t type. At that time mgrs were required to send their own emails. I bet all the NASA engineers a few miles NNW at JPL managed just fine.

When I quasi-teased him about shouting all the time, he confessed he’d never learned to type, thus no U&LC. I suggested he emulate e.e. cummings instead.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala