[LMB] OT: xkcd urso

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Mon Jul 19 07:59:19 BST 2021

On 19/07/2021 00:12, Elizabeth Holden wrote:
>> Matija posted:
>>
>>> https://xkcd.com/2381/  - and don't forget to hover over the comic to
>>> get the second punchline.
> I said:
>
>> I tried that and it didn't work. Any idea why not?
> Matija answered:
>
>> That's strange. It works for me. In what way didn't it work? You got an
>> empty page? Or was domain not recognized?
> No, no, sorry, I was unclear. The link worked. The page was fine. But
> hovering over it didn't work at all, so I missed the second layer.
>
> I was using my desktop computer, Windows 10.

I hope it's not too much of a spoiler to post it here:

"Thank you to Gretchen McCulloch for fielding this question, and sorry
that as a result the world's foremost internet linguist has been
devoured by the brown one. She will be missed."

For those still interested, in Slovenian the word for bear is "medved",
which loosely translated means "Knows honey" (honey as in product of bees).