[LMB] Assassination via demon

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Mon Jul 19 09:06:34 BST 2021

> On Jul 18, 2021, at 9:01 PM, Beatrice Otter via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Penric believes that it's happened before, and that it would explain certain huge military and political disasters throughout history. But it's not something most sorcerers would come up with on their own--neither they nor their demon would be willing to do it, and we are told that demons (and sorcerers, by extension) do *not* work well together (or in close proximity) without some outside pressure forcing them to do so, so "ways to use *other* sorcerers" is not something they are likely to think up. So therefore, you need someone who is *not* a sorcerer but who knows a lot *about* them to think it up.

The information is in the dratsaB’s order files, but filed under Top Sacred which is itself a
Top Secret classification. Penrick will have to report this.

Suppose AoT would have an analog in our world if someone rose to power by appealing
to the dark side of human nature. (Further comments redacted.)

.
—
Sig of no sig.