[LMB] Demon formation

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 10:28:44 BST 2021

From: brazee <howard at brazee.net>

> On Jul 18, 2021, at 3:09 PM, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:
> One thing that I've noticed is the large variability of the numbers of new demons over time and between places. In Chalion, specifically in PoS, Cabron remarks on the large numbers of elemental demons seen since (even though he doesn't know it) the removal as  of the curse and the freeing of the demon. There doesn't seem the be a great length of time between the loss of one elemental as an assassin tool and the installation of the next one. How are they keeping up the supply?

Interesting.  It could be that the demon material is variable from place to place, or the demon material gathers via some process such as wind differently from place to place, or the demon material gets used some other way differently from place to place.

Gwynne: There was a big increase after Caz lifted the curse from Chalion,
otherwise it seems to be a pretty slow trickle. The reason Tronio gets a
steady supply is because he's at the main temple for the Empire, so small
demons are collected from a very wide area.

As far as I can recall, every new demon we see or hear about emerges into
a rural or wilderness area. No urban demons. I wonder if there's some sort
of sensor checks that spits out the new demons far from human settlements,
so that they get a chance to work through a few animals before they get to
a human?