[LMB] Assassination via demon

Tony Zbaraschuk tzbarasc at lasierra.edu
Mon Jul 19 14:10:32 BST 2021

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 5:02 PM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Just wondering - when they collect all those demon-possessed animals, do
> they send ALL those demons back? Or do they carefully harvest some of them
> and make more sorcerers?  And how do they decide which ones to use?

We get a brief look in "Masks", where the saint tells Penric that the
B*stard takes many of them, but chooses not to take others (e.g., the horse
demon).

This does seem to vary by country -- in _Paladin of Souls_, dy Cabon tells
Ista that his Order handles demons by bringing them to a chapterhouse and
getting them to jump to a dying divine of the B*stard, who is looking
forward to union with their god and therefore not going to be diverted by
demon promises.  Possibly this is the backup routine in case no saint is
immediately available.

But I'd love to get a look at the files they hide away in the Bastard's
> Order.
> There must be some stories there.....

I agree.  Some of them will probably be "burn before reading" levels of
security. ;)

Tony Z

--
Tony Zbaraschuk