[LMB] Assassination via demon

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 06:12:28 BST 2021

From: WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com>

Perhaps he (Methani) was more offensive to the deities than Dondo who had the Curse
as a possible mitigating factor in his favor.

Gwynne: Nikys points out that he's offended ALL the gods - he's used a mother's
love to blackmail her; he's lied about delivering justice; threatening Kittio offends the
Son, and the Daughter still cares about Alixtra even though she's become a mother.
And his biggest offence is against the Bastard.

That was the worst part of it, for Methani; because the Bastard takes the souls the
other Gods don't want. But the Bastard has refused him first and loudest, and none
of the others want him. It's a breath-taking achievement, to offend them all so
terminally.

Dondo was just generally offensive, but mostly against the Son I'd guess, for his
manipulation of Teidez.  Oh, and I suppose the Daughter, for his treatment of
women. It's interesting that the Father took dy Jironel despite his abuse of the
laws of Chalion. I suppose he genuinely believed he was right, and thought he
was being honourable, but Methani knew he was doing something that was
totally beyond justification?