[LMB] Books to live in

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Wed Jul 21 18:45:25 BST 2021

> On Jul 21, 2021, at 12:00 PM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> While we're thinking about another on-topic thread, here's a fun one:
> Which of Lois's worlds would you choose to live in - the Vorkosiverse,
> the Wide Green World, or the Five Gods Universe? (And why, of course.)
>
> For extra credit, where and how would you choose to live there? After
> all, there's a big difference between farm life, urban life or Lakewalker
> life; Chalion, Orbas, Cedonia, the Weald, shaman or sorcerer (and which
> timeline; Barrayar, Cetaganda, Beta or Jackson's Whole. Etc.
>
> There's pluses (and minuses) for each choice.
>
> I don't have an answer just yet because I'm torn, plus it's late and I'm
> trying to get into sleep mode.

If choosing a world imagine that you will be assigned at random and male, female,
ambiguous or other as a percentage of population.

I feel Earth has so many people in non bog standard sexual roles due to the prevalence
of endocrine disrupters. Of couse in some societies, if males had enough children nobody
cared about the rest of their sex lives, and there was little concern about what women did
amongst themselves as long as they kept quiet about it.
—
“That which doesn’t make us stronger kills us.”