[LMB] new Bujold interview on The Physicians of Viknoc

Gordon Jackson listmail at gordonj.net
Thu Jul 22 11:39:40 BST 2021

Lois wrote:
Aha. The interview/article we did a few weeks back on the subject of "The
Physicians of Vilnoc" is now up at the Twin Cities Geek site:

https://twincitiesgeek.com/2021/07/a-...
<https://twincitiesgeek.com/2021/07/a-conversation-with-lois-mcmaster-bujold
-on-penric-the-physicians-of-vilnoc-and-the-world-of-the-five-gods/>

Ta, L.

A good interview, well worth the effort of reading. The author did however
rub me up the wrong way with her 2nd sentence "As with the rest of the
Penric novellas, it was released first by the author as an e-book, but I
like the solid feel of a book in my hands." As far as I am concerned an
e-book IS a book. A book is a book, is a book, whether it's chiselled in
stone, inscribed on steel plates, printed on paper or is a collection of
bytes. Everyone is free to choose from the range of formats that are
available for a particular book according to his or her preferences but they
all constitute a book.