[LMB] Religion question

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 15:34:54 BST 2021

On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 12:54:21 +0000, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>
wrote:

>Many of those people would be surprised that a likable person like you wasn’t looking.
>To many people a church has a mainly social function, a place to belong. They may as well be asking, “Have you found a good country club, gym, or restaurant?”.
>The implication in your post that religious people cannot be sensible founders on your own background and experience. It’s like the assumption that since Steven Hawking was a scientist and an atheist, all scientists must therefore be atheists. That of course ignores polymaths like Sir Issac Newton.

Did you miss the bit where I was going to be (a) there for only two
weeks and (b) busier than a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest?

If I'd moved in to the neighbourhood, perhaps - it was the implication
that a church is something you can't manage without for a fortnight that
floored me.
--
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.  - Margaret Mead