[LMB] Books to live in

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Thu Jul 22 18:17:54 BST 2021

> On Jul 21, 2021, at 2:52 PM, Katherine (Kathy) Collett <kcollett at hamilton.edu> wrote:
>
> But I probably most hanker after living in the Five Gods Universe.  In fact, I’d probably be one of those foolish souls who sigh to be god-touched, whom actual saints shake their heads over.  I don’t know where exactly; the places we see tend to be where exciting events are happening.  I think I’d prefer a quiet backwater.  With printed books.  I wonder what the university at Rosehall is like in Cazaril’s time??
>
> Katherine

O boy. Ekaterine and her aunt had and interesting discussion about low technology life in _Komarr_.

You want a bucolic life, going blind from weaving and washing with soap made from fat and lye. My
mother had the latter as a child, plus having to go to the outhouse in upstate NY in the winter.

—
In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate.
Once America decided killing children was bearable, it was over."
--tweet by British columnist, Dan Hodges, June 15, 2015”