[LMB] Religion question

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 09:08:45 BST 2021

From: Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com>

I can accept that. But, I also think a fanatic is one who, with the threat
of death or mutilation, forces his/her belief on others.

Gwynne: Totally agree. There's the assumption that they are right,
anyone who doesn't follow them is wrong, and that justifies any
behaviour, no matter how illegal or brutal it may be.

I'm not thinking just of religion here. There's extremist groups in
politics (avoiding any more comment on that), food - such as the
vegan protest groups (who do not represent all the quiet, sensible
ones), anti-vaxxers, and more. The loony extremist groups of any
wider, sensible and non-aggressive belief system are more like
each  other than they are like the rest of 'their' group.