[LMB] Books to live in

tidsel egern at protonmail.com
Fri Jul 23 10:51:17 BST 2021

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Wednesday, July 21st, 2021 at 6:00 PM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

> While we're thinking about another on-topic thread, here's a fun one:
>
> Which of Lois's worlds would you choose to live in - the Vorkosiverse,
>
> the Wide Green World, or the Five Gods Universe? (And why, of course.)
>
> For extra credit, where and how would you choose to live there? After
>
> all, there's a big difference between farm life, urban life or Lakewalker
>
> life; Chalion, Orbas, Cedonia, the Weald, shaman or sorcerer (and which
>
> timeline; Barrayar, Cetaganda, Beta or Jackson's Whole. Etc.
>
> There's pluses (and minuses) for each choice.

Can you choose your class? And possibly your gender? ;-)

I am very fascinated by the 5 Gods universe (as in Chalion and onwards) but I do not think I would like my chances as a peasant and a woman.

Cetaganda I feel I do not know quite enough about, but certainly I would not like to be taken out and give as a consort for the governors, far away from my companions.

Barrayar - 'all women are wasted on Barrayar', but I would consider Beta.

Jackson's Whole - more of a war zone than any of the others, or at least a kind I could not take -no thanks..

That leaves a Lakewalker,  and yes, I could do that. Meaningful work ;-)
Alternatively a captain on a river boat.

Tidsel