[LMB] Religion question

tidsel egern at protonmail.com
Fri Jul 23 12:18:56 BST 2021

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Friday, July 23rd, 2021 at 10:08 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Gwynne: Totally agree. There's the assumption that they are right,
>
> anyone who doesn't follow them is wrong, and that justifies any
>
> behaviour, no matter how illegal or brutal it may be.

Even if that belief says 'be nice to each other'. Crusades, for instance.

> I'm not thinking just of religion here. There's extremist groups in
>
> politics (avoiding any more comment on that), food - such as the
>
> vegan protest groups (who do not represent all the quiet, sensible
>
> ones), anti-vaxxers, and more.

And maybe not always right in their beliefs, but also in their worldview, for example I am entitled to all I can grasp
by any means whatsoever.

The loony extremist groups of any

> wider, sensible and non-aggressive belief system are more like
>
> each other than they are like the rest of 'their' group.

I am not sure. They might have a lot in common with others, except for one particular idea.
Tidsel