[LMB] Religion question

Peter Hews Peterhews at protonmail.com
Fri Jul 23 12:25:04 BST 2021

On Friday, July 23rd, 2021 at 12:23, tidsel via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thursday, July 22nd, 2021 at 8:10 PM, WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com wrote:
>
> > > On Jul 22, 2021, at 7:53 AM, Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk wrote:
> > >
> > > Don't forget Swift's Struldbrugs. Eternal life is nothing without
> > >
> > > eternal youth and health.
> >
> > And Swift and Niven got the idea from the Classic Greeks. Tithonus who was granted
> >
> > immortality but not youth and keep getting older and older.
>
> How can you keep on getting older?
>
> Tidsel

According to the versions of the Tithonius legend I'm familiar with, by becoming ever more shrunken and feeble.  I'm reminded of the form the Master imposes on the Doctor in the Toclaphane story line, which is supposed to be how he should look after his thousand-odd years without regeneration.

Peter Hews

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.