[LMB] Death demon now reader response

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 15:12:59 BST 2021

From: WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>

I?m more often bugged by tech anachronisms such as stirrups in Ancient Rome or Egyptian chariots with horse collars.
William A

Gwynne: I tend to avoid historical movies. I spend all my time
wailing, "They didn't have castles like that at that time!  That
armour is totally wrong! Those dogs/pigs/cows/sheep are the
wrong breeds!

You don't fight with a two-handed broadsword that way! It's
too heavy to swirl it around over your head with one hand! You
don't turn your back on the enemy and swing your sword over
your back with one hand to block a sword stroke! (Sure, it looks
so pretty and whatever, but it's RUBBISH!)

The clothes... the windows... the food.... the terms for things...
the ages of the characters.. the social structure....

....And that's when I have to either tell myself it's actually set in a
parallel universe, or stick to contemporary or SF.