[LMB] Five Gods Afterlives

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 18:20:23 BST 2021

Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> The Daughter held him, '...siphoning him out of the violent concatenation
> of the dy Jironal brothers and the demon, who shot away elsewhere.'
> After retrieving the twisted remnant of the Father's power, the Daughter
> puts his soul back into his body.
>
> And later, talking to Sara about Dondo, "I can personally guarantee you, though,
> his brother Dondo was carried to the Bastard's hell."
>
> I don't think Caz would lie to her. For that moment, he saw what was
> happening.

I don't think that he would lie intentionally, but I'm not sure that his
knowledge is entirely reliable on that point, and he's not a theologian.
What he *observed* was that the dy Jironals and the demon went
"elsewhere".  He *believed* that Dondo and the death demon had partly
merged, and inferred from that that Dondo's soul would have been dragged
along to wherever the death demon ended up.

Umegat -- and we -- never did find out if the death demon was singular,
i.e. if no other death magic was successful while the demon was trapped
within Cazaril.

Joel