[LMB] Religion question

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Sat Jul 24 02:27:40 BST 2021

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 09:23:51PM -0700, Bujold list wrote:

> very religious, they'll seek comfort in other places. Also, most
> people who get called atheists are actually agnostics: they aren't
> practicing any belief, but they're not 100% dyed-in-the-wool sure
> there's nothing out there, they just either don't care or think that

One could just as well say that most people called agnostics are really
atheists.  Whatever they say about doubt, they live godless lives in
which God has little significance.

And "100% dyed in the wool sure" is a definition rejected by most
atheists I know.  We don't believe in God or gods because we see little
if any evidence for such, and have logical problems with major concepts.

-xx- Damien X-)