[LMB] Religion question

brazee howard at brazee.net
Sat Jul 24 12:58:22 BST 2021

>>> According to the versions of the Tithonius legend I'm familiar with, by
>>>
>>> becoming ever more shrunken and feeble.
>
> But how can you *keep on* doing that presumably indefinitely?
>
> It's this time thingy - I never understood Time, nor Forever. Makes my head hurt.
> Tidsel

A problem with immortality is that our nature is that we are changing beings.

If we stopped changing, then we aren’t who we are.

If we keep changing, we won’t be who we are.

Tests show that we vastly underestimate how much we will change in the future.   Of course who we are today is our real us.   We usually recognize that we changed a lot in the past, but now we are ourselves.