[LMB] Death demon now reader response

brazee howard at brazee.net
Sat Jul 24 13:21:43 BST 2021

> On Jul 23, 2021, at 10:21 PM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Gwynne: It's worse with books; I like to think that writers have some level
> of education. With movies, I expect nothing - they don't do any research most
> of the time, and just go with what looks good. But books - I feel betrayed
> when the authors make horrible mistakes.

A couple of things that do not bother me:

An ancient Roman telling someone to “fire” arrows.   They weren’t talking in modern English.   We’re reading about a translation that changes lots of stuff.

Sean Connery speaking Russian (in English) in a Scottish accent instead of a Lithuanian accent.  (Marko Ramius was a Lithuanian).