[LMB] Death demon now reader response

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sat Jul 24 13:36:56 BST 2021

> On Jul 24, 2021, at 6:28 AM, Peter Hews via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> The invaluable TV Tropes has a whole section called "Did Not Do The Research."  Historical novelists are frequent offenders.

There is also, “Did the research, but my idea makes a better story.”. Or even, historical
accuracy costs too much for flicks.

Better to treat historical fiction as alternative time lines, or a branch of SF.

—
It is wrong, always, everywhere, and for everyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence.” —W. K. Clifford (1845–1879), “The Ethics” My take is belief should be proportional to the evidence.