[LMB] OT: unicyclos and wheelbarrows

Markus Baur baur at chello.at
Sat Jul 24 15:40:38 BST 2021

Am 24.07.2021 um 15:50 schrieb Rebecca Price:
> Marcus made mention of a reference to a "unicyclos" in Greek, with no
> explanation.

there is no explanation to what this was in the greek building site
inventory either

but since there was only one (1) in the inventory, its unlikely its a
wheelbarrow - a large building site and a single wheelbarrow makes no
real sense ..

one theory i read thinks it was a measuring device ..

> I immediately had a mental image of ancient Greeks riding unicycles to
> their philosophy lessons, their robed hitched up to avoid getting them
> stuck in the spokes.

and juggling balls while they are it?

servus

markus