[LMB] Five Gods Afterlives

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 24 16:55:45 BST 2021

Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> From: Joel Polowin <jpolowin at hotmail.com>
>> I don't think that he would lie intentionally, but I'm not sure that his
>> knowledge is entirely reliable on that point, and he's not a theologian.
>> What he *observed* was that the dy Jironals and the demon went
>> "elsewhere".  He *believed* that Dondo and the death demon had partly
>> merged, and inferred from that that Dondo's soul would have been dragged
>> along to wherever the death demon ended up.
> Gwynne: That means that Ista's perceptions are no more accurate. But Caz
> is sure of what he saw, so that's what we have to go by. If we start saying that
> characters didn't really see what they thought they saw, it can negate just
> about anything.

Ista was directly observing that Joen got dragged to the Bastard's hell,
and her perceptions were tied to what was happening to the demons.
Caz didn't have that, explicitly per the book.  Word of Author is that
Dondo went to the Bastard's hell too, yes, but that's not from Caz's own
observations as described.

Joel