[LMB] The Assassins of Thasalon - Chapter 5

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 25 05:12:10 BST 2021

From: Margaret Dean <margdean56 at gmail.com>

> On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 6:35 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > And Des is so brave!  She's determined to do better than curling up
> > and screaming when the god shows up. Apart from the terror of
> > being near a god, she's expecting to see an execution of an innocent
> > young demon (she sees the young ones as children, too - baby
> > demons.) So this will be nasty for her. But she's holding on.

She's strong and experienced -- and she has Penric. By this time--some
sixteen years after Pen faced down the White God for her--their
relationship is strong enough to support both of them.
--Margaret Dean

Gwynne: They've certainly been through a lot together, and probably
had more god-contact than most other people in their world. I love the
way people in Thasalon react to the Blessed with enormous and genuine
respect - no rules apply, please sir do whatever you want... But Pen is
very matter-of-fact about it all. He's seen more saints than most people
do, as well. His attitude is more that they're co-workers.