[LMB] Five Gods Afterlives, a bit of 5GU theology

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 05:52:29 BST 2021

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 10:00 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> There's been several posts about the nature of eternal life, and how
> boring it will/would be.

Do you think that the average 5GU peasant is ready for some boredom?

The greek Elysian Fields - but nothing happens!
And that was the true dream of heaven for endless peasants, and for some
patronoi as well.

Nothing hurts.
Every day is pleasant weather.
The storm or frost is not killing your crop.
Actually, you don't have to plant or harvest.
There is enough food. Every day.
No days have that tight knot in your belly.
No enemy is attacking you.
No overlord is beating you.
There aren't even any taxes/tributes.
Be at peace.

What is this boredom that you speak of?

I'm reading some period mysteries set in New  York 1920s, and I bet an
awful lot of "the poor" would hope that heaven is just like the
Elysian Fields.

They put in their time in this place we call Earth - they're ready for some
peace and quiet, too.
Even modern folks, stuck in the rat race, say "I'll sleep when I'm dead."
Boredom isn't necessarily something to dread.