[LMB] The Assassins of Thasalon - Chapter 5

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 25 11:11:56 BST 2021

From: WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com>

> Gwynne: ..... people in Thasalon react to the Blessed with enormous and genuine
> respect - no rules apply, please sir do whatever you want...

But they don?t treat Blessed Chio that way. Perhaps that changes after ?Lodi?.

Gwynne: Maybe it's a cultural difference between Cedonia and Adria. Or more
likely it's because Chio was already established in their minds as a girl from the
orphanage, and she was still behaving that way too, not establishing herself yet
as a young but independent woman.

Even adult women are discounted in that society - we see Gria's comment about
not letting those women make the decision. So perhaps an adult male saint gets
 more respect than a young orphaned female? Plus Iroki had just channelled a
rather cheesed-off god, everybody was walking rather carefully around him.