[LMB] Five Gods Afterlives, a bit of 5GU theology

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 22:12:31 BST 2021

On Sun, 25 Jul 2021 09:42:56 +0000, Gwynne Powell
<gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

>From: Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com>
>

>On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 10:00 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>> There's been several posts about the nature of eternal life, and how
>> boring it will/would be.
>

>Do you think that the average 5GU peasant is ready for some boredom?
>
>Gwynne: I think for most of human history, boredom wasn't the biggest
>problem. Or even a concept.

Boredom is a luxury of prosperity.

For a lot of people, for a lot of historical time, relentless toil,
existential terror and misery have been the baseline.
--
"An economist is someone who, shown something working in practice,
wonders if it would work in theory."  - Ronald Reagan.