[LMB] OT: Shakespeare's accent

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 22:23:03 BST 2021

On Sat, 24 Jul 2021 22:31:13 -0400, Elizabeth Holden
<alzurite at gmail.com> wrote:

>I've heard a lot of British people concerned with accents - either that the
>regional accent depicted is wrong (and more like another accent 100 miles
>away), or an American is playing a British role with an American accent.

"In the US, 100 years is a long time.  In the UK, 100 miles is a long
distance."

Two places 100 miles apart would transition through 20 or more accents.

While Great Britain is slightly smaller than Oregon, we do have around
1/6 of the population of the USA.
--
When seconds count, remember your police are only minutes away.