[LMB] OT: Shakespeare's accent

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 22:27:12 BST 2021

On Sun, 25 Jul 2021 11:50:14 +0000, tidsel via Lois-Bujold
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

>Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

The same way we "know" about how Latin was spoken; triangulation from
loan-words in other contemporary sources, and seeing what rhymed.

Shakespeare rhymed "loved" and "proved", for instance.
--
When seconds count, remember your police are only minutes away.