[LMB] OT: AKICOTL: poetry, February

Laura Gallagher celticdragonfly at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 23:47:32 BST 2021

Dear List, I'm sticking my head back in to ask a question, for vast is
the knowledge of The List.

I was discussing months of the year with my beloved (Miles, as it so
happens) and how we are almost upon August, the worst month of the
year.  (but not the worst week of the year)  November is next, then
February.   And I was reminded of a delightful poem about February,
talking about what a hateful month it is, imagery of blowing and cold,
and a conceit about how it angrily must try to achieve in 28 days what
January had 31 to do.

And I can't FIND IT.  Google has not availed me.  My son and I have
dug through our shelves, he found my Norton Anthology of verse, which
didn't have it, I found my beloved Sound and Sense, An Introduction to
Poetry, which does not have it.  I haven't been able to find my Norton
Book of Light Verse, but I found the table of contents online and I
don't see it there.  Does this poem ring a bell for anyone?

Thank you

Laura Gallagher