[LMB] OT Cinemas (25/7) : OT: Reader response

Jelbelser jelbelser at comcast.net
Tue Jul 27 00:38:58 BST 2021

> Gwynne: People also have larger TV's at home, with better resolution - you don't feel
> that you're missing much.
> I love the atmosphere of the cinema, and it's more of an event than watching a movie
> at home. But sometimes home is just so more convenient. And cheaper, too - cinemas
> are getting very expensive.

Shortly before quarantine hit, my husband and I saw Casablanca in a theater. I had certainly seen it multiple times on TV, but it WAS different seeing it on a big screen.

I also think that there will be a niche for going to a cinema on dates. My children do “movie nights” in their homes with friends, but going to a cinema seems safer than going to some barely known person’s home, just the two of you.

Janet in TN