[LMB] Birthdayyyy!!!!

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 10:21:31 BST 2021

From: "kate.soley.barton" <kate.soley.barton at btinternet.com>

Belated thanks to the Birthday Tixie for my visit to the Vorkosigan District! It was a lovely part of my birthday, which included a Zoom party with friends and my first Chinese takeaway for over a year.Reasons for belatedness:Saturday 17th July, part of my kitchen ceiling fell into the sinks. Am still trying to get the landlord to sort this (he offered a plasterer without sorting the water through the ceiling problem).My next 6 months' tenancy starts on the 30th, so I've been sorting that.?My mortgage finished in March/April, when I was beginning to deal with Andrew's death. They wrote a lot of letters, but to the house, which I haven't visited in over a year due to the pandemic. Finally phoned me last week... Things always seem to happen in multiples, rather than one thing at a time!Will be paying the mortgage off tomorrow, I hope.?Thank you again for my visit to Barrayar! I would love to go there again.?Best wishes,?Kate

Gwynne: I'm glad you had a good birthday - but I'm sorry that everything
went downhill after that. I hope it all gets sorted out soon. (And your
landlord sounds like an idiot!)