[LMB] Demon formation

catherine muir c_muir68 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 21:33:16 BST 2021

IIRC there was a vogue for poets in the mid-16th century to create new adjectives as a “poetic” way of describing just about anything.  Frex, fish were the “finny tribe”, the constellations “move their starry dance” within the “starry sphere” ; and so on.   These examples are from Milton; just one of many.