[LMB] The Assassins of Thasalon: Chapter 7

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 28 06:43:41 BST 2021

From: WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>

Consider what would happen if Penric was threatened to the point of death. Desdemona has enough control to take out a whole squad the same way Dag did. A spurt of Chaos on the spinal chord would definitely settle them down, permanently.
It might not even kill them, immediately.

Gwynne: Yes, he does that nerve-touch to drop them, in agony, but they
can recover. But when the Roknari slaver came at him in OoR, he cut the
nerves in his arm. Permanently. I can see him (or Des) slicing spines in a
serious crisis. That'd be fast, easy and effective - but the ramifications
afterwards might be a bit awkward. Des would do it, but probably not Pen.

Maybe just cutting nerves in arms? Or legs? Or there's blinding, but he
might find that too close to Adelis's torment. And too close to the brain.

Des threw a mountain when Pen was nearly killed; if he's in trouble she'd
do almost anything. Fast and brutal. And if Penric was killed I wouldn't be
surprised if she chose to kill the murderer, and end herself as well.