[LMB] The Nature of Demons

Tony Zbaraschuk tzbarasc at lasierra.edu
Wed Jul 28 14:45:16 BST 2021

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 6:03 AM WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:

> > On Jul 28, 2021, at 3:16 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Gwynne: Maybe.... years later Penric moves to Ordol and becomes
> > Learned Penric of Ordol. And writes a book on theology, 'The Five-fold
> > Pathway of the Soul'. Penric of Ordol’s book.... becomes Ordol's.....
>
> Blessed Chio could write a better thesis than Ordel, because she has
> experience. The Lady of Spring as a vaguely nice lady is right off as
> Cazaril will discover much later. Experiencing a 15 second eternity
> would solve that idea.

"Vaguely nice lady" is Cazaril's idea (and misconception); I would not be
surprised if Ordol was saying more than Cazaril heard or understood at the
time.  (It's like T.S. Eliot -- I think it should be a crime to teach _The
Waste Land_ or _The Four Quartets_ to people under the age of thirty,
because there's so much in them that the young just don't or won't or can't
get.)

Though Chio has a point about the difference between theologians who know
what they're talking about, versus those who just blather on smoothly,
unaware of the oceanic depths beneath the ice they're skating on.

Tony Z

>> “That which doesn’t make us stronger kills us.”

Tony Zbaraschuk
Bookworm, talker, learner
Et vocavit Deus, "Fiat lux!"