[LMB] OT: Vegans, was Religion question

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 01:00:12 BST 2021

Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> And the biggest reality, of course, is that if they converted the rest of us to
> veganism it would mean the deaths of millions of animals. Most farm animals
> wouldn't, couldn't, be released 'into the wild'. Many of them are nowhere near
> any kind of wilderness. Releasing all those domesticated animals would lead to
> the deaths of massive numbers of native fauna. And the deaths of most of the
> released animals, too, that couldn't survive in the wild. They can't just keep the
> animals and stop them breeding, and let them die out naturally; they don't
> believe in interfering with the fertility of the animals. They don't want to
> protect animals, they want to wipe them out.

FFS, Gwynne, I debunked that bit of nonsense, *twice*, the *last* time
you were on a tear about the stoopid eeevil vegans, just a few months
ago.

As demand decreases, the farms scale back production.  Everyone wouldn't
switch to being vegan all at once.  Almost nobody is talking about
releasing herds into the wilderness, just a tiny number of nutjobs.

Joel